Instrumentation & Controls
Our Electrical/ Instrumentation engineering and design group oversees all E&I project scopes. This ranges from planning, cost estimating, interface with local utilities and our client through design and pre-commissioning assistance. Lanier provides design solutions to improve the success and efficiency of our clients’ business.
Our primary focus lies within the industrial sector and our experience spans decades over a variety of bulk handling and liquid projects. This focus is outlined by the following:
Design of programmable logic control (PLC) systems:
- Complete design solution to include PLC hardware, power supplies, communication equipment and associated material specification.
- Integration of separately designed and procured equipment packages with PLC system.
- Development of Cause and Effect (C&E) diagrams for programmer use.
- Development of Control Narratives per project and operation requirements.
- Integrate PLCs with other DCS or SCADA systems.
- Process Hazard Analysis reviews.
- Control panel design.
- Alarm and annunciator system design.
- Integration of controls with fire and gas detection systems.
- Conveyor, weigh scale, diversion gates and dust system integration.
- Emergency shutdown systems.
- Valve control.
- Specification, management and Integration of:
- Automated truck and rail loading systems
- Product tank measurement and gauging systems.
- Sampler System integration.
- LACT measurement systems.
- Automatic fire detection, alarm and protections systems
- Gas detection and alarm systems
- Closed circuit television (CCTV) systems
- Tank gauging systems
- Variety of liquid and bulk handling instrumentation
- Equipment Specifications for bid and procurement services
- Pre-commissioning assistance